Grants Pass School District No. 7 is now accepting applications for the following position for the 2014-15 school year:
Service Mechanic - Backup Driver
8 hours per day
The job of Service Mechanic - Backup Driver was established for the purpose(s) of providing semiskilled mechanic service of all vehicles (buses, vans, trucks, mowers, etc.), providing a backup for the mechanics and route/trip drivers when needed and for the general cleaning of equipment, fueling and other general duties as assigned.
1. ODE Mechanic Certification (within 30 days of hire).
2. ODE School Bus Certificate (within 3 months of hire).
3. Maintain proper certification for fueling onsite (within 30 days of hire).
4. High School diploma or equivalent.
5. Possess some knowledge of the standard methods, practices, tools and equipment of the Automotive Mechanical Trade.
6. Ability to operate heavy duty vehicles in a safe and economical way.
7. Must pass criminal history check.
8. Must have acceptable driving record
9. Ability to pass physical, drug, and alcohol tests.
10. One year experience in the mechanical repair of automotive equipment.
11. Valid Class B CDL Driver's License with "P" and "S" Endorsements and no Air Break restriction
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $16.50 - $17.64 per hour
Applications may be obtained from the Transportation Department of Grants Pass School District No. 7, 1053 S.E. Gladiola, Grants Pass, OR 97526. A current resume and references are recommended.
Application materials must be submitted no later than Wednesday, November 12, 2014, by 4:00 p.m. or until filled
The Grants Pass School District No. 7 will provide reasonable accommodation for the application and interview process upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Disabled persons may contact the Director of Personnel at 474-5700 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon Relay at 1-800-735-2900.
Funding for all positions for the 2014-2015 school year is subject to budget approval and adoption.