Grants Pass School District No. 7 is now accepting applications for the following position in the Transportation Department for the 2014-2015 school year:
TRIP SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (2 positions)
Shift and Hours - TBD
Benefits based on a 4 hour work day
· Works under the direction of the Transportation Supervisor .
· Current Oregon School Bus Driver's Certificate required.
· Two years' experience as a bus driver in the state of Oregon with commercial driver's license.
· Ability to drive all types of vehicles in the fleet.
· Primary duties are to transport students on field/activity trips.
· Drives a school bus on a designated route or when required as a substitute driver.
· Performs related work required of the job.
· Good driving record and communication skills.
· Follows all rules and regulations for driving a school bus.
· Familiar with street maps and follows directions accurately.
· Keeps accurate logs on student counts, mileage and hours worked.
· Work hours are with an attempt to fill a twenty hour week but are not guaranteed.
· Benefits are based on a 4 hour work day for 10 months of the year.
· Assists Transportation Supervisor in a variety of areas as assigned.
Preferred Occupational Certificates/Licenses:
· Class C Operator Training Certificate for dispensing fuel on site
· Current First Aid Card
STARTING SALARY RANGE:$13.49 - $14.42
Applications may be obtained from the Transportation Department, 1053 SE Gladiola
Drive, Grants Pass, OR 97526. A current resume and references are recommended.
Application materials must be submitted no later than Thursday, August 7, 2014 by 4:00 PM.
The Grants Pass School District No. 7 will provide reasonable accommodation for the application and interview process upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Disabled persons may contact the Director of Personnel at 474-5700 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon Relay at 1-800-735-2900.
Funding for all positions for the 2014-15 school year subject to budget approval and adoption.