Grants Pass School District No. 7 is now accepting applications for the following position for the 2014-15 school year:
ALLEN DALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Educational Assistant - Special Education - Resource Room
3.75 Hours per day
1. Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
Also one of the following three options:
1. Two years of post secondary study
2. An associate's (or higher) degree
3. A passing score on a state or local assessment that measures knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing and mathematics.
2. Preferred: supplemented by college level work or special vocational training in Special Education principles and practices, behavior management, and/or procedures related to basic physical/medical needs and personal hygiene. Two years of responsible instructional assistance experience, preferably involving contact with students who have some form of learning or physical disability or special cultural, social/behavioral needs.
3. Assists in the planning and implementing of learning experiences of students enrolled in the program: confers with teacher.
4. Other duties may be ordering, preparing, record keeping, monitoring, typing filing, duplicating, evaluation, correcting, other clerical work and other duties as assigned.
5. Duties may involve working with students who need feeding, toileting or changing of diapers and restraining, at times, due to aggressive behavior.
6. Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with fellow employees and ability to get along well with students.
7. Additional essential duties in job description and questionnaire with application.
The following provision applies to this limited hour vacancy posting only:
"This posting is for a non-benefits position. Accordingly, although any qualified District 7 employee can apply for this position, the hours associated with this position cannot result in benefits or be combined with other District 7 hours to create or add benefits. Furthermore, an applicant cannot waive benefits in order to be considered for this position."
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $12.31 - $13.16 per hour
Applications may be obtained from the Personnel Department of Grants Pass School District No. 7, 725 NE Dean Drive, Grants Pass, OR 97526. A current resume' and references are recommended.
Application materials must be submitted no later than Friday, January 2, 2015, by 4:00 PM.
The Grants Pass School District No. 7 will provide reasonable accommodation for the application and interview process upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Disabled persons may contact the Director of Personnel at 474-5700 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon Relay at 1-800-735-2900 .
Funding for all district positions for the 2014-2015 school year is subject to budget approval and adoption.