Welcome to the Fifth Grade Webpage
News & Notes
- Next Battle of the Books team practice session is on Feb 22nd. Students need to have 4 books passed at a minimum to continue with their team. The school battle date is Tuesday, Feb 26th and parents are welcome to attend that morning at school.
- Our 5th grade Science Fair project was introduced in class a few weeks ago. Students received information about the project in a packet and had time in class to start looking for project ideas. Make sure to read the packet carefully so you are aware of the timeline of the project. If you have questions, please contact Mr. Stutzman. Info about the project can be accessed to the left of the screen at the link "Science Project Information." Once yout topic is approved, start working on getting materials and a plan ready for the project (see packet). This week, students should be working at home on their experiments and starting to put their display boards together. See Mr. Stutzman if you would like a freedisplay board for the project. FInal projects are due by March 4th.
- The first OMSI/Oregon Zoo field trip packet (yellow one) is due on Tuesday, February 12th. Fundraising will start this week, so please turn your packet in ASAP.
- Weekly homework is sent home the Friday before and due the following Friday. There are assignments from all three teachers. You can access weekly homework by using the link to the left. All assignments for the week are included in the file.
- Students, make sure you are keeping up with your AR weekly goal. Your progress is listed on Mrs. Crowson's weekly homework packet.
- Students: If you need to access your Google account at home, you will need to put in your full school account login information. Make sure to use @d7apps.gp.k12.or.us after you put in the first part of your login name.