GRANTS PASS SCHOOL DISTRICT #7
Inclement Weather/Emergency Announcements
Please get information via public announcements on radio, TV, and the internet about school closures or delays. These announcements are generally made after 5:30 A.M. – check this site often as weather conditions can change rapidly. Please do not call the school district transportation department, the school district administration building, individual schools, or radio stations for information. Answering these calls will reduce our ability to take other necessary action in responding to a weather crisis. All families are encouraged to have a plan in the event school must close before the regular dismissal time.
In case of bad weather, you can expect to hear one of five possible announcements (if there are no radio, TV, or internet announcements about changes, it means we will be operating with regular procedures):
- Grants Pass School District 7 schools are open and running a two hour delay schedule.
- Grants Pass School District 7 schools are open, and buses are running “Snow Routes."
- Grants Pass School District 7 schools are open, on a two hour delay; “Snow Routes”.
- Grants Pass School District 7 schools are closed – only designated “essential staff “ report to work.
- Grants Pass School District 7 schools are releasing early – buses will follow the District’s early release protocol.
When schools are closed for the day, we will monitor the weather and review all community and school activities held in the public school buildings to determine if they can be held or will be cancelled. This includes all scheduled athletic events at home and away.
Radio Stations: KLDR – 98.3, KKRM, KRWQ – 99.3 & 100.3, KAJO – 1270, KCNA, KAKT, KCMX, KTMT, KBOY
Television stations: KDRV–CH 12, KOBI–CH 5, KTVL–CH 10.
Snow (Alternate Routes)
This information will be posted on the home page immediately upon determination. Click here for maps that show those streets that would not have service when we are running “Snow Routes”.