GPHS School Improvement Plan
Creating Opportunities Together: Our Goals
Due to the support of targeted interventions, hiring of an Attendance Coordinator and Graduation Coach, and focus on student success at the 9th grade level:
- By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, the five-year completion rate at Grants Pass High School will increase by 2% to 85%.
- By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, the number of our Regular Attenders will increase 3% to 76%.
- By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, the Freshmen On-Track data will increase 1.2% to 80%. By the end of the 2019-2020 school year, the Freshmen On-Track data will increase to 82%.
Due to a focus on collaboration, relationships, engagement, and instructional strategies through Professional Development opportunities, our schoolwide professional development goals include:
- By the end of the first six weeks of each course, staff members will have utilized three strategies to build relationships with students that acknowledge their academic background, life experience, and culture.
- By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, all staff members will identify, incorporate, and reflect on the effectiveness of three learning strategies identified by the AVID Site Team and through professional development, to promote student ownership of learning, effective discourse, and participation in the classroom.
- By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, 100% of staff will identify and effectively utilize essential questions and higher-level questioning to support student learning, particularly through use in focused note-taking.