Advancement Via Individual Determination
To close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
- Maintain enrollment in rigorous academic classes which lead to 4-year college eligibility.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance and behavior in all classes.
- Maintain an AVID binder with assignment calendars and daily Cornell notes from all classes.
- Complete all homework and dedicate at least 1-2 hours to studying and homework each night.
- Commit to community service activities throughout the year.
- Be an active and engaged participant in daily AVID activities.
- I understand my responsibilities and would like to be considered for acceptance into the AVID program.
- If selected for AVID, I understand that I must commit to remaining enrolled in the AVID elective for at least one year, and that I will be allowed to remain in the program only if I meet the student responsibilities outlined above.
- I understand that studies show I will be most likely to demonstrate academic improvement if I remain in the program at least three years and most likely to meet my goal of college enrollment if I remain in the AVID program through my senior year of high school.
- Parents and guardians agree to support their student in his or her path to college and to be an advocate for his or her success.
- Parents agree to attend at least one information meeting about AVID.
- Parents will ensure that their child is studying at least 1-2 hours after school and keeping an organized planner and binder.
Academic grades will reflect a student’s mastery of the skills according to AVID goals and standards. Extra credit will not be provided. Grading will run continuously during the semester. Grades will be broken down into the following percentages:
AVID Projects: 20%
Binder checks: 20%
Focused note checks: 20%
WICOR Work: 20%