Free WiFi and Hotspots
- Click here to see where the free Xfinity internet hotspots are in Grants Pass. Put in your area code in to see your area
- Here is another map of free WiFi in the Grants Pass area.
- Josephine Community Libraries is offering free WiFi at all four branches. People are asked to stay in their cars and practice social distancing as outlined in the Governor's Executive Order.
- National Resources This site provides connections to companies that function nation-wide.
RESIDENTIAL & MOBILE INTERNET PROVIDERS - GRANTS PASS AREA
Many internet providers have special offers for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic, and some offers are specific to students continuing education at home during school closures. When calling, you may want to explain your child’s a student continuing their education at home during school closures and ask what’s being offered. These offers appear to be evolving as time goes on and may include discounted or free internet service, waived data usage overages, enabled mobile phone hotspot usage, etc.
- New Service: 877-520-5974, option 1
- Existing Service: 800-577-4333, option 1
- New Service: 866-279-2615, and say “I don’t have an account”, followed by ”Setting up new service”
- Existing Service: 866-279-2615, and provide the account number
- New Service: 844-898-5296, option 2
- Existing Service: 844-898-5296, option 1
- Local Store: 541-471-1915
- New Service: 844-307-7340, option 2
- Existing Service: 844-307-7340, option 1
- Local Store: 541-479-1969
- New Service: 800-866-2453, option 1
- Existing Service: 800-866-2453, option 2
- Local Store: 541-916-8338
- New Service: No toll-free number provided
- Existing Service: 888-944-9400, enter your PIN and ask for Associate
- Local Store: 541-660-8722
- New Service: 800-922-0204, press #, then option 1
- Existing Service: 800-922-0204, provide a mobile number
- Local Store: 541-476-2181
GENERAL CARE - Do not have any food or drinks near the Chromebook.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook.
- Do not place your Chromebook on uneven surfaces where they might be subject to an accidental fall.
- Avoid placing or dropping heavy objects on the top of the Chromebook.
- Chromebooks do not like excessive heat or cold. They should not be exposed to over 100 degrees or under 32 degrees. Do NOT put your Chromebook under a blanket, on the dashboard of your car, etc.
- Do not block airflow when the device is on. While your Chromebook does not get overly hot as a traditional laptop might, it does need to breathe.
- Chromebooks have been labeled with the inventory tag. Please do not remove the tag.
- Damage, loss, or theft must be reported immediately.
CARRYING CHROMEBOOKS - Chromebook lids should always be closed and tightly secured when moving. Do not carry your Chromebook while the screen is open.
- Unplug your Chromebook when it is not charging.
- Never move a Chromebook by lifting from the screen. Always support a Chromebook from its bottom with the lid closed.
- If carrying your Chromebook in your backpack, avoid sharp objects in your backpack around your Chromebook, and avoid throwing your backpack or leaving it in places where it can be accidentally kicked.
SCREEN CARE - The Chromebook screens can be easily damaged! The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure on the screen.
- Do not lean or put pressure on the top of the Chromebook when it is closed.
- Do not store the Chromebook with the screen in the open position.
- Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, or disks)
A/C POWER ADAPTER - The port on the power adapter is fragile – insert and remove with care every time.
- Do not carry your Chromebook around with the power adapter plugged in.
CHARGING YOUR CHROMEBOOK - The Chromebooks hold a charge for between 6-8 hours.
- Make sure to plug your Chromebook in each night so that it is fully charged for the morning.
KEEPING YOUR CHROMEBOOK CLEAN - Never use any product containing any alcohol, ammonia, or other strong solvents to clean your Chromebook.
- Do NOT spray or wipe your Chromebook with any Windex/household cleaner/water and/or cleaning cloth/wipes.
- Clean your Chromebook keys and screen with a lightly moistened soft cloth.