South Middle School BandsThe goal of the South Middle School Band is to provide a positive and challenging atmosphere where students will receive an education that will contribute to their musical and personable growth. By participating in the SMS band, the goals and objectives of the students are to;
- Understand the Elements of Music and how they impact artistic products.
- Understand the role of the Elements of Music in the development of larger concepts in the arts.
- Study the different styles and genres of in the context of creating works.
- Study how the arts reflect the beliefs, feelings, and ideas of those who create them.
- Through activities and observations, learn to create artistic products and use them for a variety of purposes in society.
Upcoming EventsWhat: Pride of the North West Marching Band Competition performance (PNW)Who: 7th and 8th grade bandsWhere: Grants Pass High School Mel Ingram StadiumWhen: 10/12/19What: North Vs. South Football Game peb band performanceWho: 7th and 8th grade bandsWhere: Grants Pass High School Mel Ingram StadiumWhen: 10/24/19What: SMS Holiday ConcertWho: ALL SMS band classesWhere: Grants Pass High School Perfroming Arts CenterWhen: 12/9/19Call time: TBAWhat: North Albany MS Jazz festivalWho: Jazz bandWhere/When: 1/25/20What: SOMEA middle school band festival fieldtrip to North Medford HSWho: 7th/8th grade bandWhen: 3/17/20What: Spring band concertWho: ALL SMS band classesWhere: Grants Pass High School Perfroming Arts CenterWhen: 4/6/20Call time: TBAWhat: Boatnik ParadeWho: 6th/7th/8th grade bandWhere: Downtown grants passWhen: 5/23/20Call time: TBA
- Through creating, responding to and performing works of music, gain a great appreciation for the arts, for artists past and present, and for the value of artistic expression.
Degrees and Certifications: