Advanced Placement (AP) CoursesAP Courses Offered at Grants Pass High School 2018-2019:
Arts History & Social Studies Languages Mathematics Sciences Studio Art European History Literature & Composition Biology Government & Politics: U.S. Language & Composition Calculus BC Chemistry Psychology Statistics Physics United States History
Advanced Placement can change your life. Through college-level AP courses, you enter a universe of knowledge that might otherwise remain unexplored in high school; through AP Exams, you have the opportunity to earn credit or advanced standing at many of the nation's colleges and universities.
Important Facts to Know First Before Enrolling in an AP Course:
- AP courses are year-long courses and dropping at semester time is only done in extreme circumstances.
- The expectation at GPHS is that all students in an AP course will take the exam in May.
- Most AP courses will have summer work and/or reading.
Gain the Edge in College Preparation
- Get a head start on college-level work.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
Stand Out in the College Admissions Process
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
- Show your willingness to push yourself to the limit.
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
- Explore the world from a variety of perspectives, most importantly your own.
- Study subjects in greater depth and detail.
- Assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing, and understanding for yourself.