NORTH MIDDLE SCHOOL
Bring these items to class everyday (Required!):
- #2 pencil (wood! not synthetic or mechanical) Ticonderoga makes a great all around pencil
- White vinyl eraser
- Hand held pencil sharpener
24pk. colored pencils (RoseArt, Crayola, etc...) NO ERASABLES!
Getting Caught Up
You are encouraged to redo a project or improve an existing project any time during the semester for a better grade.
You may work in the Art room from 7:50 AM to 8:20 AM M,Tu,Th,F and from 8:50 AM to 9:20 AM on Wednesdays.
Current/Final grades are recorded on PowerSchool in the A, B, C, format, based on a point system. Individual assignments are recorded as points.
- DA means you did not turn in this assignment.
- 0 means you turned the assignment in unfinished.
- No grade (blank) means the assignment has not been graded yet.
- Refer to Getting Caught Up above to see how to remedy a DA or 0.
- Preparation -- How well students did the required preparatory work.
- Technical proficiency -- Quality of finished product.
Additional Assignments – Writing, drawing, or other assignments with variable point values.
Participation Grade – Attendance, use of class time, and classroom behavior affect point totals.
Final Grades are a combination of participation, project, and other assignment grades.
90%=A 80%=B 70%=C below 70%=FTen Things that Require No TalentBut Help Your GradeBeing On TimeWork EthicEffortBody LanguageEnergyAttitudePassionBeing CoachableDoing ExtraBeing Prepared