2020 Holiday Card Contest
2020 GPSD7 Holiday Card Contest
For the first time ever, Grants Pass School District 7 will hold an art contest to select the covers for district holiday cards. The winning artwork will be printed on a set of holiday greeting cards.
- October 5 – October 23: Contest runs at the school. Submissions accepted.
- October 23: Deadline to submit artwork for school-level judging. Please check with your individual school about where your artwork should be submitted.
- November 2-8: Open Voting Period for District Finalists. (People's Choice)
- November 9: District winners announced.
- November 24: Winners recognized at Board of Education meeting.
- School-level artwork will be judged by a school team at principal’s discretion.
- District-level artwork will be judged by a district-level team.
District-level winners will be selected by the following grade spans:
- People's Choice (K-12)
- The contest is open to any student in grades K-12 in the Grants Pass School District.
- All eligible schools are expected to participate.
- Each school must submit their winner’s names and artwork to the district’s Office of Communications no later than 4:00 p.m. on October 30, 2020.
- Drawings must be nonsectarian and not contain specific religious references. Artwork must be original. No copyrighted cartoon characters.
- Drawings should not contain anything related to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drugs or gang membership.
- Artwork, including any borders, should not be larger than 4.5” x 6.5” inches. Students may use attached entry form or measure on their own paper.
- Any medium is accepted – pencil, crayon, paint, computer, etc.
- There are no limits to the number of colors that a student may use.
- Do not mount the artwork on cardboard or use matting.
- On the back of the entry form, please PRINT the full name of the student artist, his/her grade level, the name of his/her school, and the name of his/her teacher (art teacher if applicable).
If you have any questions, please contact Communications Specialist, Kristin Hosfelt at email@example.com.